Thursday, February 12, 2009

Starting Out

I seem to spend all my time and energy on my job, kids and husband. I love my family, but like a lot of women I tend to sacrifice my own happiness, etc for them. If I don't put them first ALL the time, I feel guilty. If you're a mom, you know how I feel.

Today is the day I start to make changes. First of all, I am tired of being tired, not sleeping well, not eating well and being in pain. Here is what I plan to do to change that:

  1. I changed my work schedule so that I now have time after work (before picking up the kids) to work out. I will work out Monday - Friday for at least 35 minutes.
  2. I will go to bed at 9:30 every night (unless there is a special event, etc).
  3. I will snack on fruit and veggies instead of chips, candy, etc.
  4. I will drink more water.

I WILL do things just for me...because I enjoy them.

  1. I will read a book, magazine, etc just for entertainment with no other purpose.
  2. I will not feel guilty for getting a chair massage at my office once a week.

I'm sure that I'll add more to this from time to time, but it's a start. My goal is to lose 34.4 pounds by July 23, 2009...that's about 5 months. It's about 1.5 pounds a week...I think that's a realistic goal.

Anyway, wish me luck!

1 comment: